The Amani Centre is committed to making a positive impact on both the physically and mentally challenged children’s lives and the community outside of the centre, through the support of programs and initiatives concentrating on health care, education and raising awareness.
- To provide health care and educational services to children with intellectual and physical challenges.
- To carry out community based rehabilitation to challenged children through home visits, counseling and referrals.
- To raise public awareness on intellectual and physical challenges, in order to remove negative cultural stigmatism's and issues of segregation associated with physical and mental challenges.
- To enable children and youth with intellectual and physical challenges to live a positive life with their families and other community members.
- To combat food shortage and malnutrition in famine prone families with intellectual and physically disabled children.